The conversation was moderated by Miss Diptee Acharya, Academic Director, Sanskriti Int’l School, Mr Sagun Khadka, Public Relations Manager at Karkhana and Miss Rakshya Chand, Chief Relationship Officer at Karkhana.
The video of conversation is here:
The conversation was held among 15+ school leaders from various schools.
- The conversation was focused around three agendas:
- What are the challenges the school leaders are foreseeing due to COVID 19 lockdown situation?
- How can these challenges be tackled?
- Sharing of Experiences of School Leaders on how they have been tackling the current situation.
- What are the resources and help Karkhana has been providing to various Schools at the moment.
- Following are the highlights of the conversation:
- One of the biggest challenges is to get teachers onboard with the idea of online teaching.
- The role of school leaders in encouraging their teachers to adapt to these various online and technical tools.
- The need of figuring out the dynamics of the school and finding out the best tools and resources for the school.
- Discussion on various types of online tools that can be used in education.
- Making online learning resources accessible to all the students is a huge challenge.
- Teachers need at least two weeks of training on using online tools for them to get familiar with tools and to integrate it with their teaching practice.
- School leaders need to identify a few team members who are comfortable using ICT and leverage their skills to train others.
- Only the know-how of online tools is not enough, teachers need to learn integration of such tools in achieving their learning objectives.
We would like to thank Ms. Diptee Acharya for giving her time to communicate with various school leaders and sharing her insights to tackle the challenges raised in the conversation. Karkhana is always willing to be a platform for the educators who want to integrate their teaching pedagogy with technology.
The details of the various sessions and the link of the designated sessions will be sent via email.