Karkhana conducted an online discussion with School leaders from Premier International IB School around how COVID – 19 has been affecting the whole ecosystem and how they are reacting to it.
- The conversation was moderated by Pragesh Rajkarnikar, relationship manager at Karkhana.
- The participants of the conversation were:
- Pravina Thapa, Curriculum Director, Premier IB School
- Mangolika Chakroborty, Middle School Coordinator, Premier IB School
- Roshan Bhatta, Expansion lead, Karkhana
- Rakshya Chand, Chief Sales Officer, Karkhana
- The conversation was around 3 main agenda
- Since Premier has been practicing Online teaching for a bit, what type of support did they give initially to the teachers.
- How are these online learning experiences planned? How is it different from the lesson plans in the school?
- Premier believes in Enquiry based learning, where a lot of resources are required. Are all the materials required for the class available to the students?
Few Highlights :
- Sooner or later, all the education institutions had to adopt online teaching/learning. Current Crisis is just giving it a push.
- Various challenges arise in online teaching. Availability of resources like laptop, internet, electricity. Disturbances and noises are another challenge.
- Using minimal resources which can be easily available at home.
- Need to inspire teachers rather than telling them what to do and not to do
You can find the video of the conversation here:
We would like to thank the Premier team for being available for these sort of discussions which will benefit other educators as well.
The details of the various sessions and the link of the designated sessions will be sent via email.