Karkhana conducted an online conversation with school leaders from three different cities in Nepal. Pokhara, Butwal and Janakpur.
- The conversation was moderated by Mr, Roshan Bhatta, one of the core team members of Karkhana.
- The conversation was held among
- Mr. Sundar Dhakal, Principal, Junior Citizens Academy, Pokhara
- Mr. Narayan Prasad Sapkota, Academic Dean, Junior Citizens Academy, Pokhara
- Mr. Bishwa Gopal Parajuli, Principal, Prativa Secondary School, Pokhara
- Mr. Madhu Prakash Gyawali
- Dr. Sonu Kumar, Monastic Higher Secondary Boarding School
- Mr. Roshan Bhatta, Teacher
- Ms. Anu Shrestha, Public Relations Manager, Karkhana
- The conversation was focused around three agendas:
- What are the short term and long term challenges brought by this pandemic in education. What would be changed in the teaching and learning practices of 2076 and 2077?
- How a support system would help school leaders and teachers be productive at this hour of lockdown.
- What kind of training and resources that our teachers need to have in order to minimize the risk of emotional and psychological trauma of the students?
- Following are the highlights of the conversation:
- Due to the COVID 19 situation the shift towards online learning has become even more urgent. And yes, there are schools who are taking steps towards incorporating online learning tools and technology in their practices.
- The digital tools are not enough to ensure the teaching learning as we need motivation and realistic application of those tools.
This conversation was our one of the attempts to identify needs among school leaders and teachers. Karkhana is willing to be a platform for the educators who want to integrate their teaching pedagogy with technology.
The video of the conversation is here:
This FGD was our attempt to help school leaders and teachers about the various ICT and google tools, familiarizing them with these tools, and further processing and assistance Karkhana and GEG will be providing to the schools.