What is STEAM for School?
STEAM for School is a program designed by Karkhana to enhance STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) education in schools. The program aims to foster innovative thinking and STEAM Culture in school students so that they can reflect and act upon personal and community issues using science and technology.
Why STEAM for School?
- Provide a platform where students can explore personal interest in science and technology topics
- Create a peer-based, non-hierarchical learning space
- Promote hands-on and discovery based learning
- Groom students to identify and solve community problems using the concepts of STEAM
- Improve STEAM based learning mindset in students
- Promote scientific thinking and problem solving attitude in students
- Inspire and make other students closer to the concepts of Science and Technology
- Integrating Design Thinking Cycle as part of school culture