Due to the current worldwide outbreak of COVID-19, all of us are compelled to stay at home and practice social distancing. Consequently, all the schools are closed as well and there are no signs of schools reopening anytime soon. With classes, extracurricular activities and sports all at a standstill, how do we keep our children engaged and learning? They need some productive engagements as we believe that learning shouldn’t stop and this situation does not have to become a barrier in a child’s learning. But Karkhana can help you through this situation as we are partners in your child’s journey.
This resource set has links to free lessons and videos that our team has chosen from around the world. It also includes access to many Karkhana lessons for free. In addition to do-it-yourself lessons that are available for free, we are starting to provide digital classes that are facilitated by experienced teachers.
DIY: Do It Yourself at Home
For age Groups: 7 – 12 years
- Here you can learn how to make a balloon powered car following six simple steps. It can be a fun craft activity along with learning Newton’s law of motion.
- For more details click on the following link: 6 Steps to make a Balloon Powered Car
- Making a DIY Crocodile is a fun craft project and also an educational science experiment that can be done.
- For more details: How to make DIY Crocodile
- Make you own Gravity Superhero and get to explore the magic and science behind it. Have fun!
- For more details: How to make gravity superhero?: DIY
- Basically, this little “robot” is just a cup with marker legs that vibrates and spins due to the motor being off balance. As it jiggles around on a piece of paper, it makes interesting designs. So let us begin and make this homestay fun and productive.
- For more details: How to make a Cup Robot?: DIY
- LEDs(Light Emitting Diode) are small electronic components that emit light when powered by a source(battery). Make, know the science and surprise your family with LED Birthday Card!
- For more details: How to make LED Birthday Card?: DIY
- Straw Muscles resembles a part of our hand (a finger). Make your own straw muscles and learn the science behind it.
- For more details: How to make Straw Muscles?: DIY
For age Groups: 13- 16 years
- Have you ever wondered how to make a Da Vinci’s Bridge? Here are basic 9 simple steps to make the bridge and learn concepst of friction and gravity along with it.
- For more details click on the following link: How to make Da Vinci Bridge: DIY
- Here you will get to simple steps ko make Pan Flute, a musical instrument which based on the principle of the closed tube, consisting of multiple pipes of gradually increasing length.
- For more details click on the following link: How to make Pan Flute?: DIY
- In this we have collected 5 fun science projects ideas that you can do with balloons. You can just do these projects at home for fun or even learn some basics of science. Or you could use them for your science exhibits and fairs in school later.
- For more details click on the following link: 5 Fun Science Experiment with Balloons: DIY
- You can make your own Parachute here!
- For more details click on the following link:How to make Parachute?: DIY
- A catapult was a simple machine. It was used to throw heavy objects at the enemy with great force. There were several different forms of catapult. Making Your Own catapult is a fun craft project and also an educational science experiment that can be done. So let us begin and make this homestay fun and productive.
- For more details click on the following link: How to make Catapult?: DIY
- Making a rubber powered car is a fun craft project and an educational experiment that can be done in home. Learn how it works and make your own rubber powered car!
- For more details: How to make Rubber Powered Car?: DIY
- Follow these 4 simple steps to make your own popsicle harmonica and also have fun learning the science on how your harmonica works!
- For more details: How to make Popsicle Harmonica?: DIY
- How will you pour water from a bottle to a glass? You will say that’s a very easy task. Just grab the bottle, tilt at the opening of the glass and you get water on the glass. But wait, do you wanna show some magic to your family while doing so? Know the science of being a magician.
- For more details: Water Pouring Challenge: DIY
- You might have performed experiments of density with different materials right? Have you ever tried to compare the density of just water and water? You can do an experiment with just two glasses of water!
- For more details: Hot and Cold water: DIY
- How does a car move? A car moves with the help of circular wheels right? Do you know any kind of vehicle that moves but does not have wheels or any moving mechanical parts? You can build a prototype of such a vehicle that glides over a surface with the help of air.
- For more details: Hovercraft: DIY Science
- Can you rotate a paper cup without touching it? Well, this might sound like a tricky question. Follow the link below and learn to make a paper cup rotate for a longer time than you used to do.
- For more details: Rotating Paper Cup: DIY Science
Some Fun Activities!
EG Learning App for +2 is an e-learning platform for students of grade 11 and 12 to help them guide throughout the time of their admissions until their graduation. Here, students can find notes for each chapters and old questions with their solutions.
Major features of EG Learning App for +2 are:
1. Chapter Wise Notes
2. Old questions Collection
3. Questionnaires and Solutions
4. Interactive discussion for students
5. Helpful videos
6. Simple and Easy interface
You can download the app to get the support you need throughout your +2 journey.
To learn more and download the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oz.plusscience&fbclid=IwAR2I9zn7ENIkopkFa6LPqlJqcD6XXB7t5FK74i3A1k73qmJ6esaqEucIwF0
We will be adding the learning resources, soon. Keep visiting us!