(Last Updated: April 19, 2020)
School leaders are facing a major disruption. It is very likely that teaching-learning experience will move online. This will involve learning new technologies for classroom delivery, retraining teachers and very importantly learning how to manage a workforce that does not report to a fixed location at fixed hours. Under the guidance of PABSON and NPABSAN, Karkhana is producing a series of videos and blogs that can help schools and school leaders navigate this new terrain.
As many of the school leaders and teachers are trying to work from home, this situation is probably new to many of them. This is not just a crisis but also an opportunity to learn about the tools that can help you become a better digital collaborator. As this blog is designed for all kinds of teachers, some of the ideas presented here might sound very basic, but please understand that these basic ideas might be really new for many teachers.
We have covered the following ideas to support the school:
- The tools and ideas that we sharing here in the blog are the tools that we have used in Karkhana for the last 5-6 years. These tools have helped us collaborate and coordinate digitally. We hope this will be useful to you as well. Please share the blog with other people who would find this helpful in this time of crisis.
- The detail blog is in the following Link: Digital tools for Collaboration.
- In this section, we will be sharing our online conversations with educational personalities and school leaders in Karkhana’s circle. These conversations will be simply based on the topic around the challenges faced due to COVID-19 and how they are planning to tackle it. Get more information on this here: Conversation with School Leaders
- This is the list of educational applications, platforms and resources aiming to help parents, teachers, schools and school administrators facilitate student learning and provide social care and interaction during periods of school closure shared by UNESCO.
- The detail blog is in the following link: Distance Learning Solutions: UNESCO
- With online education suddenly becoming important, here you can witness a conversation realting to a long history of online and distance learning with Bertram ‘Chip’ Bruce, a Professor Emeritus at University of Illinois who spent his career working in both colleges of education but also information sciences.
- The detail blog is in the following link: Online Distance learning: Conversation with Professor Chip Bruce.
- Karkhana, as an education organization we are trying to make sure we become a platform for many similar voices like ours. And in this difficult times, we are putting our differneces aside and coming together to buuiild better unity and build stornger response in education sector. Here we have a informative message from Neema Academy to learn staying home in the time of COVID.
- The detail blog is in the following link: Stay At home and learn from Neemacademy.
- As we believe every crisis is an opportunity to learn.Here, we have collected a list of different resources around the workd that are useful for individuals, chlidren, school leaders, teachers to learn and make this time productive.
- The detail blog is in the following link: Together for Collective Resilience in COVID.
- In response to the lockdown due to COVID 19 pandemic, Karkhana organized a Google Meet conference with four school leaders and leaders of Google Educators Group (GEG) Kathmandu. The conversation was moderated by Mr. Sunoj Das Shrestha, Head Teacher at Karkhana. Mr. Sushil Upreti and Mr. Sagun Dungana, Leaders of GEG Kathmandu, were invited as experts of Google Tools for Education.
- After the online conference, Google Educators Group is willing to run online sessions for school leaders and teachers to support them to run online classes. The online course will have some online face-to-face interaction and some online classes in Google Classroom.
- Please fill the online form to sign up for the online class.The webinar link will be shared via email.
- As we are doing a lot of Webinars for School Leaders and teachers this a guide If you are attending a google meeting for the first time and stuck somewhere in the middle.
- Karkhana in collaboration with Google Educators Group Kathmandu has been conducting webinars fro school leaders, teachers and interested ones to discuss the various ICT and Google Tools that can be used in Education. You can find all the conversation here!
- The following link can be followed to join the Google Educators Group online community.https://groups.google.com/d/forum/gegktm
- Karkhana in collaboration with Unmath School conducted an online conversation with school leaders and teachers which was moderated by Mr, Divesh Bathija, Founder of Unmath school
- Karkhana in collaboration with APTS Learning conducted an online workshop on 24th of April 2020. The workshop was facilitated by Ms. Anisha Bhandari, Founder and Director at APTS Learning.
- Karkhana in collaboration with APTS Learning conducted the second online workshop on 25th of April 2020. The workshop was facilitated by Ms. Anisha Bhandari, Founder and Director at APTS Learning.
- Karkhana conducted the third and the last online workshop with APTS Learning on 27th of April 2020. The workshop was facilitated by Ms. Anisha Bhandari, Founder and Director at APTS Learning.
- Karkhana in collaboration with Unmath School conducted the second online conversation with school leaders and teachers on May 5, 2020 which was moderated by Mr, Divesh Bathija, Founder of Unmath school.
- Karkhana in collaboration with Daya Foundation conducted a session on May 18, 2020 on introduction to online teaching and the various tools that can be used by various public school teachers.